CHARACTERISTICS OF ALL-WEATHER ROPE AND PERFORMANCE WEAVES
- Outdoor braids is made with solution dyed Italian yarn using special UV protector and antioxidants with a patented spinning process.SoleMio ropes resist sunlight, saltiness, chlorine, acid, sunscreen cream, abrasion, sweat and stains for many years. All our braids are composed of special high tenacity yarn that maintains the textile strength for many years.
- 100% resistance to mould and bacteria
- Excellent UV resistance for all braids: EN ISO 105 B 02 “light resistance”: graded 7 (Max. 8 blue scale) EN ISO 105 B 04 “weather resistance”: graded 4 (Max. 5 grey scale)
- Excellent results to dry and wet friction tests: EN ISO 105-X12 graded 4-5 (Max. 5)
- Resistance to liquid stains including sunscreen cream: EN ISO 12720 graded ⅘ (Max. 5)
CHARACTERISTICS OF TEAK
- Teak furniture is an excellent choice for outdoor living and with regular maintenance will provide years of loyal service. RH offers an array of Golden Care® products for protecting and restaining Natural teak as well as touch-up kits designed to match our teak finishes.
- Natural Teak – Our Natural finish highlights the beauty and grain of solid teak. Due to natural variations in the wood, each product and finish may vary slightly. When exposed to sun and rain, the color of Natural teak will soften to a handsome silvery-grey shade depending on the amount of sun exposure.
- Newly purchased Natural teak will experience oil surfacing. These areas, which look like a water mark, can be removed by gentle washing. Fabric cushions stained by the natural surfacing of teak oil can be cleaned with OxiClean™ or Simple Green® and a soft brush or a power washing of 1200-1400 PSI.
- Finished Teak – Our finished teak is created using a wire brush with a pigment-based finish. Imperfections such as hairline cracks may develop over time. If left uncovered, the finish will fade and wear through, exposing unfinished teak to the elements. Exposed teak will begin to acquire the beautiful silvery-grey patina that is typical of untreated teak. We recommend that these pieces be protected from incremental weather by our furniture covers.
Natural Teak (new) Natural Teak (at 6 months) Natural Teak (at 1 year) Finished Teak – Weathered finish (new) Finished Teak – Weathered finish (at 5 years)